Monday, February 15, 2010

To Do. (update)

Well, I'm happy to say that I'm actually accomplishing some of the things on my previously-posted list.

1 - sweater is getting close to finished. I've already attached the sleeves and I'm starting to decrease now up to the collar. Yes RR, this the same sweater you made from purlbee. It's so much more fun to knit this thing when I can actually see it taking shape.
2 - japanese is not one of the things, yet. :)
3 - teaching classes started last week with a group of elementary school students and their tiny little brothers and sisters. It was very cute and I was very nervous. We danced around, sang songs, played games, and no one peed their pants. Success! I even got to use a little rabbit puppet that I named "Judy," after my aunt. My Brooklyn teaching style (mean and scary) wasn't going to work with these little sweethearts, so I thought about how my aunt would teach. She's the nicest and most-patient person I know, and probably the only person I know who would be excited to have a puppet named after them. I'm adding an adult class this week, which should be fun too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!
    I absolutely love that pattern. It is easy and fits great. I struggled a little with the collar. Shoot me an email if you need ideas. I just gave that sweater to Carrie when she was here last week. Since the hives episode around Christmas I can't stand to be near any wool and as much as I love the Manos I just can't wear it anymore. I started one in cotton!

    ReplyDelete