Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back from Sapporo

So we just spent the past few days in Sapporo, the fifth biggest city in Japan, and the biggest city in Hokkaido. Don mostly had meetings and I mostly went shopping and sightseeing. We had one late night out on the town that started with all you can drink at a beer garden, led to karaoke, and ended with green ice cream all over my shirt, chocolate ice cream on my pillow, and Don being lost for about 30 minutes. There are a few more galleries to look at. There are some pictures of the city itself, some of the botanic garden. I know, shocking, I went to another garden and took a million pictures.

We also finally finished the gardening in front of our house, so there are some photos of that, some pics of the town, and just a few of the funny small cars we've seen. (I promised my brother). I'll ride around on my bike some time soon and snap a couple pictures of the town. I really want to take a video inside of the grocery store. It's chock full of little old ladies bustling around me, while I hold my basket above their heads, with this crazy spastic techno song playing, always the same song. Luckily you can only hear the radio in the produce section, but I almost always have that song stuck in my head.





No comments:

Post a Comment