Friday, September 18, 2009

My Daily Schedule . . . prepare to hate me.

So, for those of you who are wondering, "Chrissy, if you aren't working, what do you do all day?" here's your answer:

8:00 i wake up, kind of. stay in bed, thinking about stuff. read a book.
9:00 get out of bed and make myself a beautiful fruit salad (breakfast #1). eat breakfast while i check email, facebook, and the news (perez)
10:00 do approximately 1 hour of yoga or other exercise.
11:00 shower and eat cereal (breakfast #2)
11:30 do various chores in the house like laundry, vacuuming, etc.
1:00 cook myself a delicious lunch and eat it, maybe watch some japanese television and laugh.
2:00 take a nap
3:00 do any chores that involve leaving the house like grocery shopping, mailing things, picking up or dropping off dry cleaning, etc.
4:30 come home and begin making a delicious dinner for me and don.
5:30 eat dinner and discuss my day with Don and listen to funny stuff that happened to him while teaching.
6:30 check email and stuff again while Don washes the dishes. maybe shop online for a while. hopefully practice my japanese (this is very hard to make myself do)
10:00 read my book in bed for about an hour until i get sleepy

Now, this isn't set in stone. Sometimes I have to get up earlier to take out garbage or see Don off if he is going to be gone for a few days. I also have some tutoring that I do, and two chat clubs, one that meets at our house every Wednesday, so that shakes things up a little bit. Once I get more clients I will have to spend more time planning lessons and activities than I do now, and less time thinking and napping. And of course there are also the things that we get invited to every week like volleyball or veggie picking. To bring this post to an end, this is the most relaxed I have ever been in my life, and probably ever will be until retirement. Life is good.


3 comments:

  1. could you fill out my mass cultural council grant application, find me a dining room light fixture, two 8x10 rugs in neutral tones, and design some wedding invitations for me? sooooooo jealous! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to "read a book" somewhere in the middle of your day as well...just to balance things out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rebecca - yes to all of the them, seriously, email me.
    carol- i think you're right, i'll get on that.

    ReplyDelete